Our second meeting, CCK-2 will be held in the Abbott’s Kitchen in the Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3QR at 5 pm on Tuesday June 14th 2016 (8th Week). Free tickets are available.
- Mike Bodkin (Vice President, Research Informatics, Evotec), “Chemical space and how to warp drive discovery”.
- Jonathan Yates (Department of Materials, University of Oxford), Lightning talk, “A brief introduction to the Collaborative Computational Project for NMR Crystallography (CCP-NC)”.
- Jonny Brooks-Bartlett (Elspeth Garman Group, Department of Biochemistry); Lightning talk: “The Julia Programming Language”.
- Fernanda Duarte (Rob Paton Group, Department of Chemistry, University of Oxford): Lightning talk: “Exploring biochemical systems using the Empirical Valence Bond (EVB) approach”.
- Matteo Degiacomi (Justin Benesch Group, Department of Chemistry, University of Oxford): Lightning talk: “The Python package BiobOx: a collection of data structures, tools and methods for biomolecular modelling” BiobOx is used for manipulation, measurement, analysis and assembly of atomistic and super coarse-grain structures as well as EM maps.
Talks will take place between 5pm and 6pm, please stay for refreshments and chat afterwards.
We would like to thank Prof. Philip Biggin and the MRC Proximity to Discovery Fund for supporting CCK.